A few weeks ago I was having a really hard time sleeping. I put a plea on Instagram for insomnia solutions to see what has worked for you all. The response was HUGE. Not just from you lovely souls telling me what you had tried, but from so many people requesting that I share out my findings because insomnia was affecting them as well! Apparently, the uncertainty and anxiety built up around the corona virus and our current quarantined state has made it so many of us aren’t sleeping well! Health Magazine discusses this in detail here.
#WoWaWild crowd sourced insomnia solutions:
- Sleepy time yoga from you tube (including putting your legs up on the wall for reverse blood flow)
- Regular Meditation
- Regular exercise
- CBD oil
- No screens for 2 hours before bed
- Darken and cool your room a bit
- Telling yourself it’s ok – and letting your body do what it needs to do
- Deep breathing exercises
- Have a plan before you go to bed on what you will do if you wake from sleep (read a book, get out of bed and stretch, etc)
I love these examples. I have started using CBD oil and that seems to be helping me! I have also started working on this blog – so I feel a bit more mentally tired by the end of the day, which is also helping. I would love to hear more suggestions in the comments below if you have them!
- Sleeping Foundation Sleep Guide
- Headspace Meditation App – Guided Sleep Meditation (I have used this for years and I LOVE it)
- Hemp Oil
- Hemp Calming Tea
- Melatonin Tablets
- Bed Time Yoga Video
I hope your restful sleep returns soon and that you wake up each day feeling like the incredible human you are. Happy sleeping!