I have lived in Columbus, Ohio for over 10 years now and I firmly believe that it is one of the most exciting and creative cities in the USA. Ohio is not often a destination location, but I hope that Columbus will be added to your bucket list once you see all there is to do, eat and explore! Some fun facts about Columbus you may not realize:
- Columbus is the 3rd largest fashion city in the USA (After New York and LA). Ever heard of Abercrobie and Fitch? Hollister? Victoria’s Secret? Homage? – yeah, that’s us. Because of this concentration of fashion tallent, we have brilliant boutiques scattered across all of Columbus’ neighborhoods.
- Columbus is an extremely young and vibrant city with tons of start ups, fashion brands and the largest university in the nation, The Ohio State University.
- Our queer scene is second to none! Pride can be found year round here in CBus. Especially when cheering on one of our own on RuPaul’s Drag Race, Miss. Congeniality, Nina West!
- Columbus is a foodie and craft brew city – you may recognize some of our favorites: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream, Brewdog, Donatos, and Wendy’s (and their killer twitter account).
- Columbus is a SMART City – the only city in the country to win a global SMART Cities grant, is home to the countries #1 Science Center, COSI, and #1 Zoo, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
I hope in this section of Wo// Wa// Wild// you see why Columbus is a beloved city to creatives, start ups, foodies, musicians, academics, adventurers and families. Any blog posts related to Columbus travel, food, adventure or culture will be included in the Wander section of the site, include the Wa// heading and be tagged with #Columbus.
You are invited to join us in all the fun were having!
Recent Columbus Guide Posts:
She talks with empathy, shes honest and direct, speaks of us all as a collective – Dr. Amy Acton is Ohio’s Superhero through the Corona Virus Pandemic.
Their pastries are so delightful, that when they released their Buttermilk Biscuits with Salted Honey Butter recipe, the Columbus baking scene went NUTS. So, I wanted to spread this love to the Wo// Wa// Wild// family.